Photographed by Frank Cousins, this image depicts the multiple reconstruction efforts occuring simultaneously along the Boston and Marine Railroad. The damaged St. Joseph's Church is in the upper right corner of the photograph. The building with the American flag in the left portion of the image is the Salem Electric Light Company's Power House, which survived the fire.
Frank Cousins, Photographer
Boston and Maine Railroad; Cousins, Frank, 1851-1925; Redevelopment, Urban; Rubble; St. Joseph's Church (Salem, Mass.); Salem Electric Light Company (Salem, Mass.)
The Phillips Library at the Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, Massachusetts
Requests for permission to publish material from this collection must be submitted in writing to the Reference Librarian in the Phillips Library at the Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, Massachusetts.