The Robinson Pumping Engine was the first gasoline engine purchased by the Salem Fire Department. It was purchased from the Robinson Fire Apparatus Manufacturing Company of St. Louis in July 1914. The engine arrived in September 1914 and was housed at the South Salem fire station. The engine was equipped with a thirty-five-gallon tank, could throw four streams of water, had a pumping capacity of nine hundred gallons per minute, and carried one thousand feet of hose along with an extension ladder and roof ladder.
Fire departments - Massachusetts - Salem; Fire engines - Massachusetts - Salem
The Phillips Library at the Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, Massachusetts
Requests for permission to publish material from this collection must be submitted in writing to the Reference Librarian in the Phillips Library at the Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, Massachusetts.