Skip to main content



Goodhue And Leech Records

Goodhue And Leech Records

1 of 2
Open Finding Aid

GOODHUE AND LEECH RECORDS, 1784-1805





Collection Summary

Repository:The Phillips Library at the Peabody Essex Museum 132 Essex Street Salem, MA 01970 Phone: 978-745-9500 Fax: 978-531-1516
Creator:Goodhue and Leech
Title:Goodhue And Leech Records
Dates:1784/1805
Quantity:0.5 linear feet (1 box)
Abstract:The Goodhue and Leech records contain account information and correspondence relating to the firm's business.
Collection Number:MH 109

Series List


Scope and Content Note

The Goodhue and Leech records contain account information and correspondence relating to the firm's business. This includes accounts for adventures, consignments of cargo sent abroad in a ship to be sold or bartered by the master to the best advantage or when the opportunity arises, that the firm undertook. Also included are accounts and correspondence between Goodhue and Leech with John Buffam.


Biographical Sketch

The firm of Goodhue and Leech was owned by Benjamin Goodhue and Nathan Leech, and based out of Salem, Massachusetts. They appear to have been in business from the 1780s into the early 1800s.


Index Terms

This collection is indexed under the following headings in Philcat. Researchers desiring materials about related topics, persons, or places should search the catalog using these headings.

Buffam, John
Goodhue, Benjamin, 1748-1814
Leech, Nathan
Commerce (Ship)
Dolly (Schooner)
Fox (Brig)
Grand Turk (Ship)
Harper (Bark)
Lydia (Brig)
Valant (Brigantine)
Cargo--Coffee
Cargo--Sugar
Fisheries
Salem (Mass.)

Restrictions

Restrictions on Access

This collection is open for research use.


Administrative Information

Copyright

Requests for permission to publish material from the collection must be submitted in writing to the Manuscript Librarian in the Phillips Library at the Peabody Essex Museum.

Preferred Citation

Goodhue and Leech Records, MH 109, Phillips Library, Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, Mass.

Provenance

This material was donated by William C. Waters in 1957 (accession #14,131).

Processing Information

Collection processed by Hilary Streifer, May 2015.


you wish to report:


...
Select the collections to add or remove from your search
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
 
OK